We are looking for a new mid-level WordPress developer to join our team on either a part-time or full-time basis.
Please note this is a permanent role only open to Australian residents. We are not looking for freelancers or sub-contractors.
Spark Web Solutions exists primarily to help not-for-profit organisations make the most of their online presence. We do this by building custom themes and plugins to meet their specific needs, integrating their websites with other external systems, providing ongoing support for their websites and associated services and offering guidance on how to use their limited resources to best effect online.
- 100% remote
- Flexible hours
- Part-time (from 14 hours per week) or full-time position available
- Full-time salary of $60k-$90k plus super (or pro-rata equivalent for part-time)
- Liaise directly with clients to ascertain their requirements and then deliver the outcome
- Support a range of existing websites and assist with building new ones
- Respond to support requests promptly and professionally
- Perform regular website maintenance (e.g. updating plugins)
- Help drive the ongoing development of in-house plugins and themes
These are essential – if you don’t meet these requirements, please save both yourself and us the time by not applying.
- Have 1-3 years experience building themes and/or plugins for WordPress
- Be comfortable in both the front- and back-end – PHP, HTML, CSS, JS (jQuery/Vanilla)
- Be a fast learner
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work independently but not hesitate to ask questions when needed
- Have excellent written + oral English
- Be a permanent Australian resident
These are not required, but would help put you at the front of the queue.
- Have experience working in a digital agency or a not-for-profit organisation
- Have a background in design, UX or a similar discipline
- Have themes or plugins listed in the WordPress repository
- Know your way around WordPress multisite
- Have experience using/extending popular WordPress plugins like ACF, WooCommerce and Gravity Forms
- Be familiar with responsive CSS frameworks, particularly Foundation
- Be comfortable working with 3rd-party systems and APIs such as MailChimp, Stripe, PayDock, Zapier, Google Analytics, etc.
- Have a working knowledge of the Linux command line and git.
If you meet the essential requirements above and would like the opportunity to support the work of some incredible organisations who are making a real difference in the world, please complete your details below.